Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Mr. Independent

This morning I told Big Bro to go get dressed for school. "It's picture day today," I said. "Do you want to surprise me and pick out something to wear?"

Big Bro started to do his normal whine but suddenly stopped short. He ran into his room and actually got dressed. He came back a couple minutes later with a proud look on his face happy to show off his new shirt and jeans.

Who is this kid? I asked myself. I don't know, but I like him.

We went downstairs. I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. He answered yogurt.

Before I could do anything he asked me, "Mommy, is the dishwasher clean?"he had already looked in the basket for our very limited collection of kid bowls. Yes it is I answered.

He got his bowl out with a small assist from his father. He got out the yogurt from the refrigerator.  He even got two spoons, one for him and one for Lil Sis. He scooped his yogurt himself, then he got a cup by himself and went to fill it with water in the bathroom sink.

After eating breakfast he asked his father "can we go to school now?"

WHO IS THIS KID???

I don't know, but I hope he sticks around.




No comments:

Post a Comment