Sunday, November 16, 2014

Fart Jokes

I was raised in a house occupied by all women. Manners were important, please, thank you, no intentional rude noises, etc.

Nevertheless, one thing my family always thought was hilarious growing up, and even still today, is fart jokes. 

Yes, fart jokes (and actual farts) would have us laughing, sometimes to the point where tears crept to our eyes. 

I remember one Christmas when my brother-in-law let one rip during a fancy dinner, we laughed and laughed as he turned a brighter and brighter shade of red.

Lately my kids have discovered fart jokes and bathroom talk. They enjoy putting the guilt of a fart on whoever is around even if the noise came from a chair or toy or the accuser's lips. 

You tooted! No you tooted! [Giggle, giggle].

Today they started with a round of fart jokes while I was making dinner. Being the responsible adult I am, I figured I better stop it before it got out of hand. "Hey you guys," I called to them. "That's bathroom talk. If you want to do that go to the bathroom."

Usually that ends it. But this time they stopped and started whispering to each other and ran off to the bathroom. They turned on the fan, closed the door and I could hear them talking and laughing.

I pressed my ear against the door to confirm my suspicions. Yep. Fart jokes.

"Do cows fart? Yup!" [Giggle giggle].

"Do snakes fart? Yes!" [Giggle giggle].

"Ew, there's a fart over there!" [Giggle giggle].

I returned to the kitchen smiling. They were having sibling bonding time over fart jokes. Together, shut in the bathroom, and making full use of Mommy's bathroom talk loophole. They were so happy, and so was I.

Or at least until the next morning when they started yet again.







No comments:

Post a Comment