Sunday, February 8, 2015

OMG, you guys...

Lil Sis is potty trained! and it happened in one day.

It's been a while coming... we've been talking about the potty plenty and she even used it on a handful of occasions. She also also peed on the floor plenty of times though and didn't really care. 

So why now, at age 2 years and 10 months, on a snowy February Sunday did she decide that this was the day? I have no idea, but I can't tell you how happy I am that she did!

I suppose it started last week in Florida. We were swimming in the pool and she told us twice that she had to pee. As soon as she was out of the pool she peed on the concrete (shhh, don't tell the association). I joked that we would have to use the pool as her potty training tool, which would mean waiting until summer. Once we were back home in Vermont she told me twice while in the tub that she needed to get out and sit on the potty (though nothing happened). She was showing definite signs of readiness.

I recently bought a bulk pack of diapers and silently wished that this would be my last diaper purchase. I didn't actually believe it would be.

Yet this morning she decided to wear underwear. I think it was actually Big Bro who suggested she wear them on this particular morning. He brought a pair of cowboy Woody (from Toy Story) boys' undies downstairs for her to put on. They were size 2T/3T with lots of different character designs that I bought for him years ago. He never wore them because they were too small by the time he trained for real. Lil Sis loves them and picks all the boy undies over the "Tangled" princess undies I bought for her months ago.


All morning Lil Sis told me she had to go to the potty and I would whisk her to the potty and help her pull down her undies. I had her sit on the potty while reading stories and drinking milk and water like I did with Big Bro when he potty trainedAfter several false alarms I suggested she go bare bum so it was easy to sit on the potty whenever she wanted. The potty was in the same room as her all day long. She would often go sit, realize there was nothing, then try again later all on her own.  All day long she continued and each time she succeeded she got tons of praise from me, Big Bro, and Daddy, plus a sticker and a chocolate. For #2 she also got to pick from a selection of toys that I had when I was little. 


She was so proud! Not one accident all day. It's done! I don't want to jinx it, but WE ARE A NEARLY DIAPER FREE HOUSEHOLD! 

(except for the nighttime, but that's a whole other ballgame)

No comments:

Post a Comment