Thursday, February 5, 2015

Winter stinks

If you know me personally on Facebook, you know that I was very unhappy to be flying back to the snowy north when our vacation in Florida ended. To go, in less than 24 hours, from this:


To this:

Just seemed cruel.

We literally flew home during a winter storm. Upon arrival, schools were closed due to 5-8 inches of expected snow and the temperature was 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Hey, at least it wasn't negative temperatures.

Couple that with cranky, whiney kids who are stuck inside. The air is dry and my house seems out to get me with static electricity on everything I touch. It's just a general feeling of "Ugh. Two more months of winter, really?"

Typically by mid February we begin our maple sugaring season. Sometimes this bolsters my spirits that spring is just around the corner. So far, the forecast doesn't look anywhere near friendly for sugaring.


So I will keep waiting, and trying to entertain ourselves inside. I also may or may not be scheming ways to be a Snowbird even when I'm not retired. Spring can't come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment