Tuesday, December 17, 2013

One Long Curvy Slice

I love eating clementines, those sweet and juicy fruits,
They come each December, St. Nicholas put them in our boots.

I remove the peel in swirls, in one long curvy slice,
It's hard to eat just one, three at once is really nice.

My husband is no competition, he's not one for eating fruit,
In fact, I ate the one St. Nicholas put in his boot.

Now I have two children, which means I have to share
the sweet citrus treats, or else they will glare.

This means we go through a box of clementines real fast,
having fruit all to myself is a thing of the past.

My kids eat the bulk of them now with a delightful squeal,
The only thing left to do is to teach them how to peel.
I have perfected peeling clementines over the last couple decades.



No comments:

Post a Comment