Monday, December 2, 2013

Wooden Nutcracker Soldiers Army

When I was little I loved the Nutcracker solider ornaments on our tree. I took to organizing them like an army sometime around age 11 or 12. My mom gave me the ornaments several years ago and I still hang them together like a toy army on my tree.



During our recent Advent celebration I asked my 3 year old son if he would hang them all together like I used to do. "Won't that be fun?!" 

Sadly, he was uninterested so I did it myself. I hung them on a low branch as I always did. My daughter discovered them and took a liking to them. My husband remarked that perhaps she would carry on the tradition.

Alas, 1.5 year olds don't have a sense of how to organize a Nutcracker soldier army on a tree. Plus, her favorite thing is taking ornaments off the tree. There were a few injuries to the soldiers:


Two lost their strings and so are on leave until I manage to get out the hot glue gun. The remaining soldiers have been transferred to a higher branch.

When my son was younger we had a gate around our tree , but I would rather not do that again. I also hope there won't be too many more ornament injuries.



No comments:

Post a Comment