Friday, June 13, 2014

A Childhood Obsession

Ever since his fourth birthday party, which had a Wild Kratts theme, Big Bro has been wearing his green Wild Kratts t-shirt non-stop.


It got to the point where he got super upset if he got a trace of any dirt or food on it. I was washing it overnight so he could wear it the next day. We decided we better buy him another one. This time we got the blue Wild Kratts shirt. The blue one was upgraded to the best one. He would wear it and alternate with the green one for messier activities.

All those pictures were taken on different days even though Big Bro looks exactly the same in each one.


This past Wednesday his preschool had a "water day." The kids showed up to school in their bathing suits and had to bring clean dry clothes to change into. I sneakily put a pair jean shorts and a red shirt in his backpack. He had no choice but to wear them! When I picked him up at school and saw him in something other than a Wild Kratts shirt, it was like a breath of fresh air.


I gushed over how handsome he looked, but he changed back into his green Wild Kratts shirt as soon as we got home--which is why I made sure to snap the picture while I could.

If I mention this phase to my mom, she just likes to point out that I wore my Toto (the dog from the Wizard of Oz) halloween costume everyday for ages.

Well, I better go do some laundry. These Wild Kratts shirts (and matching cargo shorts) don't wash themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment