Monday, October 7, 2013

My Top Halloween Songs for Kids

I love marking the seasons with my kids. My 3 year old is just now getting old enough to really appreciate it. We are having a great autumn filled with colored leaves, fall art projects, pumpkins, cider, apples and cider donuts. Holidays are more fun with kids too. Halloween is still three weeks away but we have costumes planned and parties to attend. So to continue the Halloween momentum, I wanted to find some good Halloween songs for kids on YouTube. There are a lot of lame ones, so I have picked which four I thought were best to share with you.

1. Five Little Pumpkins
After watching several versions of this song on YouTube I picked this one as my favorite. The two little girls sing it clearly and do all the hand motions. They are sitting next to lit jackolanterns (very festive) and their excitement is genuine, unlike the syrupy versions of adults doing the song with the hand motions. My son loves watching other kids do things, so this is a perfect version.



2. The Skeleton Dance
This version of the Skeleton Dance is done by Super Simple Songs, my kids love their version of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star so they are a trusted source. The song is animated with dancing skeletons and as they sing "the foot bone's connected to the leg bone" each bone lights up. It's another song that can get your kid moving and motioning while they sing. As cheesy as they might be, I think those types of songs are the most fun for kids.



3.  Halloween Cat 
I had never heard of this one, but it's a cute, short little rhyme with a cute video. It's got a fun slapstick ending [SPOILER ALERT] when the cat slips off the rock.



4. The Monster Mash
How could I not include this classic? It's animated with cute and friendly looking Halloween characters. Very benign, and very festive.




Like what you read?  Visit and 'Like' Mama of Ma'at on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment