Monday, March 3, 2014

Feeling like a Celebrity on Oscar Night!

Yesterday was the Academy Awards, also known as the Oscars. It was my most eventful Oscar night ever, and that includes the time years ago that my husband and I were driving in Hollywood and stumbled upon it by accident (or I should say the traffic problems caused by it) while trying to go eat dinner at a Hollywood restaurant.

This year I felt like a celebrity myself. I attended the Burlington Mom's Blog Night Out at the Oscars. It was me and a hundred other lovely mothers who went out for an evening of friends, dress-up, food and desserts, raffle prizes and swag bags! Being one of the Blog's contributing writers I got to borrow a fancy necklace and earrings from Von Bargen's Jewelry. I felt very luxurious! Even the process of getting the jewelry was luxurious. I was unable to go to the store in-person so simply called and sent in a picture of my dress. Then the lovely staff sent me choices to pick from.


 When I got to the event I got to go through the closed doors past the line of waiting attendees and get my jewelry and flowers.


Though I didn't win any raffle prizes it was a fun night with friends. At 9 o'clock when that party ended I rushed out the door (after returning the jewels) to get to my 2nd party of the night. My sister and her husband have hosted an annual Oscar party for over a decade now. It is a fun event watching the show with a good group of people, eating delicious themed food, and filling out ballots for who the winners in each category will be. My husband was already there dressed up as Mayor Carmine Polito from American Hustle. His hair looked fantastic.


It was a great night and I really felt like a celebrity.  Or at least as close to a celebrity that an ordinary Vermont girl can get.

1 comment: