Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Money CAN Buy You Happiness!

Well, in an indirect sort of way...

My husband, who I now dub "Dada of Ma'at," is a member of Toastmaster's, a club that helps members learn how to be effective public speakers. He participates through his work during lunch once a month. He prepared a speech inspired by the book "Happy Money" by Elizabeth Dunn and Michael Norton. It's about the science of happiness derived by spending money on things vs. experiences.

Happy Money: Dunn, Elizabeth 

He was practicing his speech in front of me and I liked it so much that I asked him to record it as a guest video blogger on Mama of Ma'at. Please excuse the low budget recording. If you are reading/watching this around noon on Thursday (1/9) know that you are hearing his presentation at the same time that he is giving it live at his Toastmaster's meeting.

Please welcome Dada of Ma'at, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment