Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Reluctant Napper

Since my daughter turned 18 months she has become an extremely reluctant napper. She used to lie down with me and fall asleep within minutes. Now that she is becoming a big kid and is very aware that her brother does not nap, she has decided that she doesn't need naps either. 

She is giving up naps a full year before her brother did. This is not fun for me as her mother, nor is it really fun for her. She breaks down over silly things because she is exhausted. She falls asleep at the dinner table because she just. can't. quite. make. it. until. bedtime.

If I try to put her down for a nap I bring her to her room and ask her if she wants to sleep in her bed or her brother's bed. She always picks big brother's bed. We read a story, I turn on the lullabies, I snuggle with her a bit. Still, she fights it. She cries and tantrums. It's not good for anyone.

As a result, we have had some interesting naptime sleeping positions when she is so tired she can't fight it anymore. The car is by far her favorite and best/easiest place to nap these days. Too bad it's so cold out thanks to the "Arctic Bomb" and also just because it is winter in Vermont, otherwise I would still happily depend on car naps.

Enjoy the poses. She's so cute I could eat her up! Though I am biased being her mother and all...















June 26, 2014

July 11, 2014

October 7, 2014






No comments:

Post a Comment