Sunday, April 27, 2014

Living the Dream: A Playdate for Grown Ups

I had all of Saturday to spend with other adults and I didn't even have a babysitter!

"How is this possible? Is this a joke?" you may ask.

Nope. It's all true!

"How did this happen????" you ask.

Well, let me tell you...my husband organized a fantasy movie draft. It operates much like Fantasy Sports Leagues, but instead of auctioning on which real life players will be on your fantasy team, we were like movie executives bidding to win summer movies. Here are the movies I won and will be tracking how much they make:
  1. Transformers
  2. Sex Tape
  3. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (opening weekend)
  4. Step Up All In
  5. The Hundred Foot Journey
  6. Let's Be Cops
Will I win? Probably not, but it doesn't matter. It was still fun to hang out with adults, peers!, for most of a day. I can't even remember when I last did that!

We had seven adults in the auction, which included two married couples. Between us we had two 7 year olds, three 4 year olds, and 2 two year olds. The kids did amazingly well entertaining each other without fighting. The only thing we had to juggle was helping the littlest kids go up and down the stairs repeatedly between the playroom and the living room. We adults were corralled in the kitchen to have our own playdate in (mostly) peace. I see more grown up playdates in our future.



No comments:

Post a Comment