Thursday, April 17, 2014

Summer Camp Excitement

Now that Big Bro is 4 it opens up a world of possibilities for summer camps. I mentioned the idea to him and he seemed excited, partially because he loves the Berenstain Bears Go to Camp book. The latest issue of KidsVT has a camp guide for 2014. I've been looking through it and getting excited about the possibilities. There are so many fun to try for big and little kids. I don't even know if half these camps were around when I was growing up, but I wish they were.


The selection of camps for four-year-olds is more limited than the big kids. There are some cool options though. There are adventure camps at Sugarbush, creative camps at Flynn Arts, gymnastic camps, Science camps, music camps, film making camps, and aviation camp for teens, a camp at the Humane Society to learn about animals, wilderness adventure camps, farming camps, Irish dance school, sculling camp, sleep-away camps and more! The options are endless! 

I really loved the camp I went to when I was 13 and 14 years old. I went on to be a camp counselor when I was 18 and 19 at a Girl Scout camp. I hope my kids will enjoy camp as much as I did. For now, it is exciting to enroll Big Bro in a half day, week long camp. Hopefully his cousin will be in it with him and it will be the start of a wonderful childhood of summer camp.

Check out the guide for yourself!








No comments:

Post a Comment