Monday, May 5, 2014

Big Bro's First Sleepover

My husband and I got married on 7– 7–07. This year we will be married for 7 years. Going with our theme of 7s, we figured we would make this anniversary a big one. Big for us means going somewhere by ourselves. It will be our first time that we are both away from our kids overnight.

Big Bro and Lil Sis will stay with Grandma and Grandpa for the two nights that we are gone. They live next-door so it's not a big deal for them to stay at our house or stay at Grandma and Grandpa's house to sleep. Still, it seems fun that the kids could sleep at Grandma's.

Tonight Big Bro is doing his first test run. At first he wasn't so sure and bargained with us that he would sleep at Grandma's when he was five (he just recently turned four). When I mentioned how we could pack a special overnight bag and he could bring his travel toothbrush and toothpaste he got excited. We agreed to pack his bag when he got home from school. He said to me, "Mommy, I have my own sleeping bag. I should pack that too!"



We packed him up and then I agreed to walk him over to Grandma's. "Mommy." He told me very seriously. "I can walk to Grandma's by myself."

"Okay," I answered. "But your sister is there and I need to go get her anyway." (He and I had been out at an appointment beforehand).

He hoisted his bag on his shoulder and set out to Grandma's house with me dragging behind so he would feel more like he was on his own.


Once we were at Grandma's he said, "Mommy you should go home now."

I told him it was still early, and Lil Sis was still having fun. We would leave soon and he could just pretend I wasn't there before I actually left. He eventually bought it.

I can't wait to hear his report in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment