Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Chicky Chicky Chicky!

Recently we started free-ranging our chickens for part of the day since discovering that Pepper could be trusted around them. Now that they are free, they have become my entourage. They come hang out with us while the kids play, they follow me towards the house if I just quickly let them out before returning inside.

One night I had to get them in quickly but they were all the way across the yard (it's a very big yard). I grabbed a scoop of feed and walked into their fenced yard and said "Chicky, chicky, chicky!" All four of them came running toward me at top speed. It was too cute....top chicken speed is pretty funny as their heads bob and their legs wobbling side to side. The video below doesn't quite show them in their full chicken glory, but they do get going for a while.

I am their chicken mother. They love me. They don't love my husband in the same way. I win!

No comments:

Post a Comment