Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Big Bro Sleeps Over: the Morning Report

After an unceremonious departure from dropping Big Bro off at Grandma's house (Mommy, you can go now!) I didn't think I would hear from him until morning. My husband got home from work and asked, "So this is it until tomorrow ?" 

"I guess so." I replied.

The house was quiet, things were simpler-- no sibling fights to break up--kind of a relief, but it was weird.

After Lil Sis was asleep we got a call from a teary, sniffly Big Bro. My husband and I distracted him, reminded him to get Doggie and Baby Pepper from his overnight bag while Grandma got him some water. Then he was good to go. Thank goodness for FaceTime.

He had a great time and stayed until morning. We called again in the morning to see when he was coming home. The sleepover was a success and a victory for building Big Bro's confidence.




No comments:

Post a Comment